One of my goals as a maker is to advocate for a strong creative community. By creating events that connect artists to the local population, I want to encourage creativity of all kinds and contribute to the vibrant culture that exists in Milwaukee. I am always looking to expand my network of makers. If you would like to be kept abreast of opportunities to become a vendor sign up for this newsletter or scroll down to see current vendor opportunities.
Below is a list of some of the events I organize on a regular basis.
- Hover Craft - first Saturday of December
- Maker Market - first Sunday of every month May - September
- Bay View Gallery Night - June 6, 2014 & September 26th
- Summer Soulstice
- PBR Fest - Beginning of July
- NEWaukee Night Market - third Wednesday of each month July - October
- Mitten Fest - February 7th, 2015
Current Open Applications:
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, please read on!
Maker Market is a monthly art, craft and maker fair held in the parking lot of Colectivo Bay View, just off Howell Avenue. Each month on the first Sunday from May to September we host 40 vendors from Milwaukee and beyond. Last year we hosted nearly 150 different makers to make each month unique and inspiring.
This year, I am excited to announce we will have a pre-season market hosted at Discovery World and two Friday dates that will be affiliated with Bay View Gallery Night! It's going to be a great year!
Our vendors are comprised of seasoned crafters and hobbyists, artists, freelance designers, performance artists, small business owners online and off, weekend warriors and full time makers. Everyone who makes is encouraged to apply, but the only condition is that you make what you sell.
Instructions on how to apply:
Our application period begins today and will remain open until midnight on February 13th, 2015.
To apply, send and email to MakerMarketMKE@gmail.com with the following:
- The subject line of your email should read: 2015 MM Application
- Your name, your business name, your website (if applicable), your email address and your phone number
- 3-5 images of your work or a link to your website where images of your work are showcased
-Price point range. Please list your least expensive item and then your most expensive item, like this $1 - $100. And then list where most of your inventory lies, like most of my most popular products are around $20.
- Your availability. Maker Market will take place on
- March 7th at Discovery World (indoors!)
The rest of the dates will be at Colectivo in Bay View.
- May 3rd
- June 5th, BVGN
- June 7th
- July 5th
- August 2nd
- September 6th
- September 25th, BVGN
Please indicate your three most preferred dates first and then your availability for the rest of the dates. We will try our best to accommodate the preferred dates for accepted vendors. Vendors who indicate that they are available for more than three dates will be placed on the wait list for those extra dates. Don't worry, we will respond to each application with confirmation regarding dates.
- If you would like to share a booth you will need to apply together and you will need to supply Maker Market with all of this information for both vendors.
- There is no application fee!
- Booths will be 10x10' and will be $40
- Regular season Maker Market load in will be from 8:30 - 9:30 AM, the market opens at 10 AM and ends at 4 PM. There will be no arriving late and no leaving early. Bay View Gallery Nights (BVGN) is at night! Load in will be from 3 - 4 PM, set up from 4 - 5 PM and the market runs from 5 - 10PM. Discovery World load in begins at 8 - 9 AM, set up from 9 - 10 AM and the market will run from 10 - 5 PM.
- Rain or Shine! Bring a tent!
Maker Market will continue to take applications once the dates have been filled and will be placed on the wait list. Do we use our wait list? Every. Single. Time.
Maker Market is a curated event! We expect to receive more applications than spaces to fill. The following factors will go into deciding who will participate:
-Performances or items created should not be based on any pre-existing patterns or products. Variety and innovation of vendors is important to us.
- Availability. Maker Market will run from May until September. Our aim is to accommodate as many makers as possible.
- Timeliness. Once the spots are full, there isn't anything I can do about it. If you would like to be considered for Maker Market this season, please apply straight away or your application will be wait listed.
Apply to be on the wait list:
There are no wait list opportunities currently.